Purpose: This activity helps facilitate learning around expressing and identifying emotions
Materials Needed: Cards with different emotions written on them
- Ask two members of group to pretend to be sitting on a park bench talking about whatever they would like (sports, weather, etc.). Their job is to enact an emotion you give them without stating what emotion it is.
- Once the two members are ready, ask them to pick an emotion card.
- As the group to guess what emotions each of them are enacting as they have a conversation on the park bench.
- Switch out the participants as the group members guess the emotions correctly.
- Ask the actors how it was for them to enact different emotions. Which ones were hard for them, which ones were easy?
- Ask the group members who guessed the emotions what gave it away?
- Emphasize the importance of reading other people. Ask how this skill is helpful.
Starts the learning around: Identifying emotions